How to Use BriefCatch on Mac with Parallels
This guide will show you how you can install the Parallels software and use BriefCatch on your Mac. BriefCatch doesn't have a native Mac installation available and isn't compatible with the Mac version of Microsoft Word.
Learn more about how Parallels works on their website.
- Visit the Parallels website at https://www.parallels.com/
- Be sure to reference their Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility knowledge base article to ensure Parallels will work on your computer.
- If you haven't tried Parallels yet, you can sign up for their 14-day free trial to see if Parallels works for you. You can also purchase a Parallels license for $79.99 per year.
- Download and install Parallels on your Mac computer. (Reference their Install Windows on your Mac using Parallels Desktop knowledge base article if you're having trouble.)
- Open Parallels to enable your Windows virtual machine.
Note: The remaining steps should be done on Windows through Parallels, not on your MacOS.
- While using Parallels, you must install the Windows version of Microsoft Word. (Note: Microsoft allows up to 5 installations of Word across your devices, so you should be able to download and install Word through Parallels without purchasing a new Word subscription. Access your Microsoft account for more information.)
- Once Word is installed, navigate to our download page and download BriefCatch.
- Ensure Word is closed, then open BriefCatchInstaller.exe to install BriefCatch.
- Once installed, open Word. The BriefCatch tab should appear at the top ribbon. Click it to open the BriefCatch functions.
You can now use BriefCatch on your Mac, as shown below!
Have a question? If you cannot get BriefCatch to work on your Mac with Parallels, or if you're having other issues, please submit a support ticket and we will assist you.